“ONE OF THE RICHEST NATIONS EXPLOITING ON OF THE POOREST”.
For nepalese migrants working in Qatar, wanting to generate more income to send back home, have endured horrible workplace conditions that have resulted to Nepalese workers dying at a rate of one a day.
There has been much evidence to show how Nepalese migrants have been exploited towards the build up of the World Cup 2022 in Qatar:
- non payment for months for Nepalese migrants
- officials confiscating passports upon arrival
- migrants being denied access to free drinking water working in very hot weather
- about 30 migrants have ran to their embassy because of the brutal working conditions
- 12 people sharing a room and as a result getting sick through repulsive conditions and filthy hostel
This is a prime example of CAPITALISM !! being at its best, with the Qatari government having cheap labour at its disposal they are able to provide the world football governing body (FIFA) with a state of the art infrastructure to showcase the World Cup in 2022 at an estimated cost of $100 billion. This is at the expense of the exploitation of migrant workers, working in ridiculous conditions wanting to provide a better life for their families back home.
What needs to be done is to remove the Qatar from hosting the World Cup as a result of all the findings and also to provide better living conditions for migrants.